Every year in Autumn, we start to get enough rain to encourage mushrooms to pop up in great abundance all over Mendocino County. That’s when its time to celebrate all things fungi with guided mushroom walks, mushroom exhibits, special dinners pairing mushrooms and wine (or mushrooms and beer), mushroom lectures, sheepdog trials, mushroom ID classes, and more! This has been a great event for years and just keeps getting better, with more wineries and craft breweries participating.
Rates at Alegria are lower this time of year. CHECK AVAILABILITY
Here are a few tidbits. For a full listing, go to Visit Mendocino
Friday, November 3
* Mushroom exploration tour at the Stanford Inn
* Mushroom lecture in Fort Bragg in conjunction with First Friday open galleries
* Two winemaker dinners
* And More!
Saturday, November 4
* UC Hopland mushroom foraging with “Dinner in the Oaks”, and a concert with Alex De Grazzi
* “Bars, Bordellos, and Mushrooms” – an evening of fun including wine and hors d’oeuvres at the Kelley House Museum
* Zoppe’ Italian Circus, Todd’s Point, Fort Bragg
* Inaugural Mendocino County Homebrew Festival
* And More!
Sunday, November 5
* 2 Mushroom walks
* Mushroom cooking and nutrition class at the Stanford Inn
* Lecture “Mycelium in Art and Industry” at the Mendocino Art Center
* Mushroom brunch at Pennyroyal Farm
Monday, November 6
* Mushroom walk at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens with Mario Abreu
* Zoppe’ Italian Circus at Todd’s Point, Fort Bragg
Tuesday and Wednesday, November 7 and 8
* Four more winemaker dinners. Details at Visit Mendocino
Friday, November 10
* Mushroom walk at the Stanford Inn
* Mushroom and Belgium Beer Brewmaster Dinner at the Little River Inn.
Saturday, November 11
* Hopland Sheepdog trials
* Mushroom Exploration tour at Stanford Inn
* Mushroom ID workshop at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Garden
* Four more Wine and Mushroom events. See Visit Mendocino for details