One-of-a-kind Historic Oceanfront Guest House
The Dolphin House is a truly unique Mendocino home perched on a bluff-top, just steps from the wild Pacific Ocean. Nearly every room in the house has a spectacular ocean view. The house was built in the 1960s in the popular organic, handcrafted style to resonate with its surroundings. The interior has been updated recently in that style, adding modern conveniences.
The spacious grounds invite strolls to view the lovely cove to the south, the wild ocean to the west, and the Pt. Cabrillo light station to the north. Private, quiet, and well equipped, you won’t want to leave, but if you choose to get out and hike, bike, dine, shop, or look at art, Mendocino village and five state parks are just a few minutes away.
Dolphin House can accommodate up to four adults. Children under 16 years of age are not allowed due to the very close proximity of the Pacific Ocean.
Upper floor Entry and Main living area
- Spectacular ocean views throughout
- Two ocean view decks
- Gourmet kitchen
- Spacious living and dining room area
- Massive wood burning fireplace
- Queen Murphy wall bed (near the dining area) with Tempurpedic mattress
- Bathroom with shower and deep soaking tub with ocean view
- Satellite HD TV
- Entertainment system
- Queen bed with ocean views
- Bathroom with shower
- Sitting room with gas fireplace
- Telephone (limited cell phone service)
- Free wireless internet access
- Linens, towels, and bath amenities
- Kitchen utensils, pots and pans
- Firewood enough for a fire each night of the stay (more firewood is available for a modest fee)
Limited availability. Don’t wait to RESERVE the Dolphin House.
Extended stay rates are available. Please call Alegria Inn at 707-937-5150 for details and to book.
For example: 7 nights is $2451 all inclusive, a savings of $777.
- No daily maid service or breakfast
- There is a $120 cleaning fee per stay added to the total lodging charges for the Dolphin House. There is also a $150 security deposit that is charged and is refundable upon inspection.
- Linens, towels & bath amenities are provided
- Smoking is not permitted indoors or on decks, or anywhere near the house or near dry grass
- Pets are not permitted
- Candles are not permitted
- A minimum $300 fee will be charged if evidence of smoking, pets, or candles is found
- Check in time is from 3 pm – 6 pm
- 11 am checkout. This is firm so that we can prepare the house for the next guests
Interesting Information About Dolphin House
- View a commercial for Honda which includes the Dolphin House. Disclaimer: The hot tub in the commercial was just a prop!